Where can I find more information and statistics on Organic rice farming in the U.S.?

The USDA Economic Research Service collected data from USDA-accredited State and private certification groups to calculate the extent of certified organic farmland acreage and livestock in the United States.

Where can I get information and statistics on rice production in the U.S.?

Where can I get information and statistics on rice production in the U.S.?

The USDA Agency Reports website provides links to many reports about agriculture production, progress, outlook and supply and demand and in the U.S. and around the world.

More specifically, the USDA’s Economic Research Service also publishes the Rice Outlook. The Rice Outlook Examines supply, use, prices, and trade for rice, including supply and demand prospects in major importing and exporting countries. It contains information on U.S. rough, milled, and long-, medium-, and short-grain rice.

Where can I find the nutritional value of rice?

Is rice nutritious? It sure is! This important carbohydrate is the staple food for more than two-thirds of the world’s population. Rice is a good source of thiamin, niacin, phosphorus, iron, potassium and folic acid. Also, rice is healthful for what it does not contain – rice has no fat, cholestorol and is sodium free! Rice is also non-allergenic and gluten free!

For more information and to see the Nutritional Value chart, please see the article below.

Where can I find information on how to farm rice?

Information is available through the extension agencies in each state. The LSU Ag Center and the AgriLIFE Research and Extension Center in Beaumont are both great resources. If you cannot find what you are looking for, please do not hesitate to call our office. Our contact information can be found on the “About Us” page or in the footer at the bottom of this page.

How do I convert rough rice measurements?

How do I get promotional materials?

If you would like to receive some information or promotional materials from the US Rice Producers Association, then please fill out the form on the “Contact Us” page of the website.

Where do I go to find rice hulls?

Rice hulls are generated by the milling of rice and thus are usually located and sold at rice mills. As this is a mill byproduct, the hulls must be removed or disposed of on a regular basis. Mills usually have contracts with different organizations for this (including animal feed and bedding companies) but can sometimes provide small volumes on a first-come-first-serve basis. In order to determine availability in your area, please contact the nearest rice mill to your location. A list of mills can be located by visiting industry trade association websites.

How do I export rice?

There are four distinct steps to exporting rice. The first step to exporting rice is to determine EXACTLY what and HOW MUCH you intend to export, whether you are functioning as an agent or a broker. In the U.S., the standard rice unit is traded as a U.S. grade 2. In order to determine what your rice equivalent grade is please visit the USDA website and compare their grades to your needs to determine which type is right for you. Most suppliers will not provide an export quote unless you have established what you are looking for in domestic units. Once you have established the type and quantity you must then determine your method of payment and locate a supplier. Methods of payment vary widely, but the most commonly used is a Letter of Credit. Letters of Credit are issued by banks specializing in international trade and are acceptable to most suppliers. In order to locate the required volume and after having determined your method of payment, you should search the supplier directories that can be found on industry trade association websites and contact their offices. Very rarely do producers actually contract directly with exporters. After locating a supplier that is willing and able to meet your needs as an exporter the remaining step requires you to then arrange transportation from the delivery point to your point of departure, ensure that all of the sanitary/phytosanitary requirements for your country of destination are met, ensure that all proper documentation is accounted for in order for the shipment to leave the country, and must also arrange international transportation for the product.

25722 Kingsland Blvd., Ste. 203 • Katy, Texas 77494• Phone: 713-974-7423 • Fax: 713-974-7696
USRPA does not discriminate in its programs on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, or marital/family status. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means for communication of information (such as Braille, large print, sign language interpreter) should contact USRPA at 713-974-7423..