Why U.S. Rice

Rice is one of the most consumed grains on the planet, feeding two thirds of the world and is used to help fight hunger, and this is no coincidence. Rice contains important nutritional benefits, which provide vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants. In addition, it does not promote allergies because it does not contain gluten, and it is free of sodium, cholesterol, sugar, saturated fat, Rice is friendly to diets for celiac people, diets for people with diabetes, people with food allergies, and of course, for vegetarians and vegans.

If it does not contain all this, what is the rice made of? Starch is the most important component of this little giant, with 80% of two compounds called amylose and amylopectin, which make it fluffy and soft. U.S. Long Grain Rice contains more amylose and therefore tends to be fluffier and firmer. The remaining 20% ​​of its composition are complex carbohydrates, which work as an efficient and balanced fuel in the body and activate the production of serotonin in the brain, which promotes the feeling of satiety promoting weight control, because they are digested more slowly.

How many dishes made with rice do you know? We’re sure there are many! Rice is widely used across the world. It is the base of the diet in several Latin American countries, and it is also the base of other very popular ethnic foods that, thanks to globalization, are now known by many people. You no longer have to travel to other continents to try the delicious rice dishes from the most important cuisines in the world such as India, Japan, China, Spain, Cuba, Colombia, Venezuela, and Peru, which are now present in many places. One cup of U.S. Rice goes a long way, making 3 cups of cooked rice, which can be shared healthily by up to 6 people.

Be sure to visit our Recipes page for meal ideas featuring U.S. rice!

U.S. Rice is Nutritious!

A half-cup serving of cooked rice provides about 100 calories
Sodium, cholesterol, and gluten free
Full of energy, being a complex carbohydrate that works as fuel for the body and brain
Contains more than 15 essential vitamins and minerals: folic acid, B complex, potassium, magnesium, selenium, iron, zinc, among others.
Contains dietary fiber, which contributes to intestinal health
A single cup of U.S. Brown Rice contains two of the recommended daily servings of whole grains..

A Keystone of U.S. Agriculture

The rice industry is a strong component of U.S. agriculture as well as a contributor to America’s positive agricultural trade surplus. The U.S. rice industry provides more than 125,000 jobs and adds $34 billion to the total economy. Rice farms are in rural areas where the options for employment are limited; rice farming is not only a way of life but is also integral to the economy of these communities. Each rice farm contributes, on average, $1 million annually to their rural community.

linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram